Total bedrooms: 3 doubles, 1 twin room and 1 large bedroom with twin beds and bunk beds
Total bathrooms: 3 en-suite, 2 private bathrooms. Large pool (20x5 mts). WI-FI. Home cinema. Barbecue, pizza oven
Peak season: Euro 4900
High season: Euro 4200
Mid-season: Euro 3500
Low season: Euro 2750
Tenuta Pulceria takes its name from the Latin adjective Pulcher/Pulchra meaning beautiful, excellent, noble. An appropriate name for a luxury, spacious villa featuring a magnificent park and very large pool.
One of our guests wrote "... Pulceria is stunning, a quiet, spacious and elegant place where the laughter is easy, deep conversations flourish, and one's imagination moves through history and time. A place to reflect on life with gratitude and celebrate with those you love."
The property is set in private commanding location with 360 degree views over the Umbrian hills and the nearby hilltop village of Camerata, with its stone houses and battlemented church tower.
One of the best restaurants of the area is a few minutes’ drive, nearest grocery and supermarket are 3,5 km away, nearest bar is 5 minutes’ drive, and the famous historic town of Todi, with all facilities for food, shopping, art and culture, is just 15 km away.
Some of Umbria’s most famous sites are a short drive away – Todi, Perugia, Orvieto, Spoleto, Assisi, Bevagna, Montefalco (the wine area of Umbria), Narni, Marmore Falls, Carsulae Roman Ruins and Lake Trasimeno are all within 15-60 minutes’ drive. Further afield, Rome is 1 hour 30 minutes, Siena 2 hours and Florence around 2 hours 30 minutes by car.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPERTY
Tenuta Pulceria has recently been totally restored to a high specification. The property is characterized by a bright and airy interior with traditional details, terracotta floor tiles and oak or chestnut wood beam ceilings in every room, combined with many original fireplaces and stone walls. The villa is perfectly appointed and well maintained - large bedrooms feature grand wooden furniture and each have their own stylish bathroom; a farmhouse kitchen with top-end appliances and a spacious studio with contemporary living both open to the garden pergola dining area.
The villa is primarily situated on 2 levels with a tower room on the 3rd level and has a total floor area of 600 square metres (6500 square feet). Tenuta Pulceria is set within gardens of 1 hectare (2.5 acres) at the centre of its total estate of 21 hectares (50 acres) including olive groves, pasture and woodland.
Due to the elevated setting of the property at over 400 metres above sea level, the refreshing breeze and the thick stone walls, the villa stays cool even in the hottest months – for additional comfort, ceiling fans have been added in the bedrooms, and air-conditioning in the studio and top floor bedroom. Mosquito screens protect all the windows. There is high speed Wi-Fi throughout, both inside and outside, including by the pool.
Tenuta Pulceria offers a luxurious home in a beautiful, tranquil setting with stunning views – the perfect stay for one or two families or a larger group.
• The courtyard leads to an entrance hall in the tower with stone walls
• Living room (32sqm) with two large sofas, armchair, stone walls and large fireplace
• Dining room (34sqm) with large dining table
• Modern equipped, farmhouse style kitchen (30sqm, 120cm range with double oven, cooking fireplace, two dishwashers, four door refrigerator/freezer) with direct access to the garden and outside dining area with wooden pergola. Dining table seating up to 8/10 in the kitchen plus 10/12 in the dining room
• Double bedroom (32sqm, 4-poster bed 200x200cm, table fan) with exposed stone walls, large working fireplace and separate private bathroom (shower) off the entrance hall
• Large independent air-conditioned Studio (50sqm) with a home cinema/projector. This is a bright room with double height ceilings (2 large automated skylights, 2 metre diameter ceiling fan and 2 double French doors) that is a nice area for gathering and spending time together, with direct access to the garden and 2 outside dining areas. The Studio has white leather sofas seating up to 8/10, and modern paintings on the walls.
• Large storage area and laundry with washing machine, tumble dryer and utility sink
Hallway with exposed stone walls leading to:
• 1st wing – Master bedroom (29sqm, 4-poster bed 200x200cm, large fireplace, ceiling fan) with en-suite bathroom (14sqm, shower and bathtub, double sink)
• 1st wing – Separate bathroom (10sqm, shower and bathtub) for Tower bedroom
• 2nd wing – Master bedroom (34sqm, double bed 200x200cm, large fireplace, ceiling fan) with en-suite bathroom (12sqm) (shower and bathtub, double sink)
• 2nd wing – Twin bedroom (14sqm, 85x190cm joinable beds, fireplace, ceiling fan) with en-suite bathroom (shower, skylight).
• Set in a tower that is very characteristic in this area of Umbria, accessed from the first floor hallway there are 14 steps leading up to this stone walled room with a beautiful vaulted chestnut wood beamed ceiling and with windows on all sides. Large air-conditioned bedroom (25sqm), ideal for kids with 2 single (90x190cm joinable) beds and an oak bunk bed with large mattresses (lower 150x200cm, upper 100x200cm). Also suitable for adults given the architectural interest and stunning views.
• Wi-Fi coverage: high speed, free/unlimited, inside and outside, also by the pool
• Baby equipment: 2 baby cot beds + a travel cot with bed linen (2 sets for each), 2 highchairs
• Home theatre in the Studio
• Outside cooking: Pizza oven near the pergola, portable Barbecue (wood/coal)
• Air conditioning: partially air conditioned (studio and top floor bedroom)
• Ceiling fans in all first floor bedrooms, ground floor bedroom with table fan and second floor/tower bedroom with air conditioning
• badminton net plus rackets and shuttlecocks, lawn croquet set, petanque balls (but no proper bocce court, so just to use on the grass)
• All bathrooms have Italian made luxury Sbordoni fittings including 30cm showerheads
• Cooking - 120cm Ilve Professional Italian steel range stove with 6 gas burners, griddle/frying plate and double oven (electric, 60/60cm)
• Traditional Umbrian kitchen open fireplace for cooking with grill fittings
• Microwave oven
• Fridge - 90cm Smeg 4 door refrigerator, freezer
• 2 dishwashers (1 full and 1 three-quarter size)
• Coffee machines: Italian coffee makers + French press cafetiere + automatic espresso coffee maker
• Electric kettle
• Mosquito screens and shutters on all bedroom windows. For the two double French doors in the kitchen there are metal chain fly screens.
• Heating: radiators throughout the main house and fan-coil air-conditioning units in the studio and tower bedroom. The heating system can be remotely controlled for winter visits.
• Fireplaces: 3 working fireplaces on the ground floor, the large one in the living room and the one in the kitchen may be used. 3 original fireplaces in the first floor bedrooms are not for use.
• Automatic sensor lighting in common areas (inside & outside)
• There is internet streaming but currently no TV. A home cinema / projector for DVD movies and streaming media will be set up in the studio
• Landline telephone available for local and emergency calls. Mobile signal can be obtained in the tower and certain areas around the house. Skype/WhatsApp calls over Wi-Fi
• Media/Radio/CD sound system in Studio
• 2 hotel safes in the master bedrooms
• Washing machine
• Drying machine & clothes drying racks/external lines
• Ironing board & professional steam iron
• Smoke detectors and fire extinguishers throughout
GARDEN AND POOL
Very large private pool (20 x 5 metres, 1.4 meters deep, Roman steps (5x), local stone paved surround, lights around pool area).
Pool opening: the pool is regularly opened from mid May to end of September, in the rest of the year can be opened on request, at an extra cost, depending on the period of the year. Please enquiry.
The swimming pool is visible from the outside dining area of the villa, just a few metres away. The pool area has some sun-loungers, a shaded area and a solar-heated shower.
Outside dining area: large wooden pergola (30sqm) with direct access to the kitchen, a large table 3.5 x 1.5 metres, seating up to 20, in built electric lighting. Another outside paved dining area, seating up to 12, has a round (2.0 metres diameter) stone table with stone benches (with cushions) and direct access to the studio.
There are flexible seating areas all around the house to admire the 360 degree views, to take advantage of the refreshing breeze or to find shade from the summer sun. In the evenings, the external lighting against the stone walls creates a magical backdrop.
The extensive, manicured garden has a corner with herbs (available for use) next to the Pizza oven, large areas with lawns ideal for children, orchards with fruit trees (mulberries, figs, apricots, plums, apples, pears – all available for guests in season), lavender, Italian cypress, olive trees and a magnificent oak tree overlooking the entrance courtyard to Tenuta Pulceria.
A ruined country house (also belonging to Tenuta Pulceria) is visible from the pool. This area is separated by a fence from the pool area and the rest of the garden for security reasons.
The villa is easily accessible by the main paved road and the last 800 metres on unpaved road which may be uneven in some parts.
The property is not ideal for people with restricted mobility, except for the ground floor bedroom (only one step to bathroom). It is a good choice for families with children and gatherings of families or friends. Dogs may be accepted by exception subject to prior arrangement (extra cost 50 euros).
Airports – Perugia (45mins by car), Rome Fiumicino and Rome Ciampino (1hr45mins), Florence (2hr30mins) Pisa and Bologna (3hr)
Train – Orvieto and Orte (45mins), Narni-Amelia (30mins)
Umbria has a beautiful green and hilly territory with olive groves and vineyards, dotted with medieval castles and quaint hilltop towns.
Placed in Central Italy between Rome and Florence, Umbria is a region rich in history, culture, art and architecture, with famous cities such as Perugia, Assisi, Orvieto, Gubbio, Spoleto, Todi, Spello, Narni and others.
Lake Trasimeno, the largest Italian lake after that of Lake Como, is located an hour from Tenuta Pulceria.
Umbria delights its visitors with stunning natural beauty and a rich cultural heritage. Local truffles, olive oil, asparagus, funghi porcini, and famous Sangiovese and Sagrantino wines will ensure food lovers will be in for a treat when visiting one of the region’s many excellent restaurants.
The climate is mild with temperatures in winter rarely falling below zero and summer temperatures average around 25 degrees Centigrade.
The region is the scene of major cultural events throughout the year (such as the Festival dei Due Mondi in Spoleto and Umbria Jazz in Perugia) and many other folk events and antiques markets which, especially in summer, enliven Umbria’s towns and cities.
WHAT TO DO DURING THE STAY...
ART, GASTRONOMY, TOURS, NATURE, SPORT, CULTURE, RELAX
• Classic city tours in Umbria and Tuscany
• Antique markets in all the major towns (different Sundays in the month)
• International Art and Music festivals
• In-house chef, on request
• Wine tours in the vineyards and cellars
• Activity days (guided or self-guided walks/hikes in the surrounding hills, forests and lakes, cycling, white water river rafting, hiking, free climbing et.)
• Bike tours followed by picnic lunches prepared by a local chef
• Tennis courts (15 minutes’ drive)
• Sports facilities and public pool with water slide (15 minutes’ drive)
• Horseback riding through the country (15 minutes’ drive)
• Spa and health resorts (10 minutes’ drive)
• Winter fun (snow-shoe trekking/cross country skiing) in the mountains
• Cooking classes or demonstrations in the villa or nearby locations
• Gourmet tours (to include olive oil, cheese, cereals, cured meats)
• Truffle hunting excursion followed by lunch including truffles
• Foraging excursions followed by tastings (mushrooms, asparagus, edible flowers, wild herbs)
• Children’s activities (Pizza making, Truffle hunting with dogs, Riding with donkeys in the mountains followed by picnic, Farm visits, outdoor adventure park and more)
RENTAL RATE - minimum stay 1 week with Saturday changeover day
• Professional property manager • Welcome pack and toiletries • Linen and towels changed once per week with complete weekly cleanings • Final house cleanings • Utilities (except for heating) • internet Wi-Fi • Air-conditioning
Does not include:
• Heating, if used, will be metered and paid locally • Extra services (Chef service, extra change of linen and towels, extra cleaning)
Events, such as weddings or birthdays with participants (in addition to those that have rented the villa), may be held in the villa and the gardens. Extra accommodation in a nearby B&B/Country house with pool, an event planner and catering services are available on demand (please enquire). For larger events an event fee may be requested that will depend on the number of guests and type of event.
Guestbook | Contacts