Villa: 4 bedrooms, 1 single bed and sofa bed; 3 bathrooms. Lift.
Dependance: 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom
Private pool. WI-FI. Tennis table, pool table, Gym, pizza oven and barbecue.
Staffed villa: cooking service and cleanings
Peak season: Euro 5000
High season: Euro 4200
Mid-season: Euro 3500
Low season: Euro 3000
Villa Altura is a luxury villa with traditional tower, 11 km from Todi, immersed in the greenery of the Umbrian hills. Set in panoramic location, the villa has extensive lawned garden, olive grove and small vineyards, a large private pool and breathtaking 360° views of open countryside, dotted with hilltop villages and castels.
It is secluded but unisolated within an unspoiled landscape.
The nearest populated area, with a food shop and restaurant is just 2 km away, Todi (11 km) and Avigliano Umbro (7 km) are a few minutes away by car, while Rome, thanks to the E45 motorway 9 km away, can be reached in an hour and 20 minutes (116 km).
The closest airport is Perugia (57 km), just under an hour by car, while Rome Ciampino and Rome Fiumicino airports are 134 and 152 km away.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPERTY
The property, elegantly furnished and equipped with modern facilities, is comprised of an imposing stone villa and an adjacent annexe.
The entrance of the Villa opens into a large living area with fireplace, separated by two typical arched brick walls, skillfully lit from the bottom.
To the right of the entrance, on the ground floor of the tower, there is a studio/TV room (Apple TV), while on the left hand side there is a large modern kitchen and the dining room, both having access to the pretty outside porch of 70 sq.m with wisteria pergola and peonias.
A bathroom for the living area, the lift and the staircase to access the upper floor, complete the ground floor.
The whole first floor is for the sleeping area, with 4 bedrooms (2 double beds can be split in 2 single beds). 2 bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms, the other 2 bedrooms share a bathroom. In the area of the tower there is a living room with single bed and single sofa-bed (for children), on the top floor of the tower, there is a loft with the Gym area.
Inside the Annex there are two separate apartments:
- A guest apartment:
Comprising pretty entrance, the billiard room with access to the outside porch with wood-burning stove, external fireplace and barbecue. On the first floor of the annex there is a bedroom with bed (a square and a half) and private bathroom.
-Staff apartment: on the hidden side of the annex, with independent entrance road
This property does not have air conditioning as it is set in the hills and is comfortably cool at night even in high temperatures. Fans can be provided, on request.
SERVICES - STAFFED VILLA
Table tennis, Gym room, foosball, table and Pool table, provide competitive entertainment;
Pre-bookable cook service could encourage effortless idling.
Please note, a discreet staff - the caretaker - live in an apartment of the Annex, a separate house near the parking area not overlooking the garden, the pool or the main villa. This apartment is not visible form the main villa and it is occupied by the Caretaker, Mrs Giovanna.
Giovanna is a kind and experienced woman, the reference person of the villa owners, she does the weekly cleanings and is available h24 for help or assistance. On demand, at an extra cost, she does extra cleanings and can prepare quality meals for the guests, she has attended a course as a chef and has experience as a sommelier: breakfast preparation, buffet lunches, special dinners, small parties, grocery shopping, cooking classes for foodies who want to bring the joy of Italian cooking back to their home to impress family members and friends.
GARDEN AND POOL
The property includes around 1,4 hectares of land, completely fenced off, including an orchard, a meadow with olive trees and a small vineyard.
In the area immediately surrounding the houses the is a swimming pool with built-in steps, 14 x 7m wide and 1,30 to 2,30m deep. The pool is open from mid-May to mid-October.
Encircled by beautiful mature gardens with breathtaking views, there are very extensive outdoor spaces at the villa including a vast lawned area with pool, a barbecue area with pizza oven near the annex, an al fresco dining area under the large portico of the villa taking 2 sides of the villa, with wisteria pergola and peonias, ample tables and deck chairs to relax and appreciate the far reaching views that stretch over the hills.
- Pizza oven
- Underfloor heating on the ground floor of the villa, radiators in the rest of the property
- Apple TV
- free illimited WI-FI internet (good wifi coverageinside and outside the villa)
- external fireplace
- mosquito screens
- Washing machine
- Sparkling and cold water machine
- Nespresso coffee machine (capsules)
- Electric/microwave oven
- iron + board
LOCATION - SURROUNDINGS
Umbria delights its visitors with stunning natural beauty and a rich cultural heritage. Local truffles, olive oil, asparagus, funghi porcini, and famous Sangiovese and Sagrantino wines will ensure food lovers will be in for a treat when visiting one of the region’s many excellent restaurants.
The climate is mild with temperatures in winter rarely falling below zero and summer temperatures average around 25 degrees Centigrade.
The region is the scene of major cultural events throughout the year (such as the Festival dei Due Mondi in Spoleto and Umbria Jazz in Perugia) and many other folk events and antiques markets which, especially in summer, enliven Umbria’s towns and cities.
WHAT TO DO DURING THE STAY
ART, GASTRONOMY, TOURS, NATURE, SPORT, CULTURE, RELAX
• Classic city tours in Umbria and Tuscany
• Antique markets in all the major towns
• International Art and Music festivals
• In-house chef, on request
• Wine tours in the vineyards and cellars
• Activity days (guided or self-guided walks/hikes in the surrounding hills, forests and lakes, cycling, white water river rafting, hiking, free climbing et.)
• Bike tours followed by picnic lunches prepared by a local chef
• Tennis courts (15 minutes’ drive)
• Sports facilities and public pool with water slide (15 minutes’ drive)
• Horseback riding through the country (15 minutes’ drive)
• Spa and health resorts (10 minutes’ drive)
• Winter fun (snow-shoe trekking/cross country skiing) in the mountains
• Cooking classes or demonstrations in the villa or nearby locations
• Gourmet tours (to include olive oil, cheese, cereals, cured meats)
• Truffle hunting excursion followed by lunch including truffles
• Foraging excursions followed by tastings (mushrooms, asparagus, edible flowers, wild herbs)
• Children’s activities (Pizza making, Truffle hunting with dogs, Riding with donkeys in the mountains followed by picnic, Farm visits, outdoor adventure park and more)
RENTAL RATE - minimum stay 1 week with Saturday changeover day
• Welcome pack and toiletries • Weekly sets of linens and towels (extra changes available on request for an additional charge) • Utilities (except for heating) • internet wifi • Weekly and final cleanings
Does not include
• Heating of the house, if needed, is metered payable locally. Extra cleaning and supply of linens and towels • cooking service provided by the caretaker/chef of the villa
Guestbook | Contacts