Sleeps up 12
6 bathrooms (3 en-suite)
2 living rooms
Gym, Billiard, ping pong table
Games/TV room/Home theatre
Peak season (July & August): € 8000
High season (June & Sept): € 7000
Medium (May, Xmas/Easter): € 6500
Low season (rest of the year): € 6000
Villa Olivia offers a luxurious stay in a beautiful, tranquil setting with stunning views from the exceptional pool area, the perfect holiday for one or two families or a large group. This elegant luxury villa in Umbria is located at the top of its hill, yet within easy reach of a number of tourist attractions.
Villa Olivia has been recently and completely restored, to a high specification, keeping the stones of the original 250 years old farmhouse that was on site. It presents high quality finishings, bright and open interiors within a traditional stone structure, in a perfect balance with the surrounding landscape.
One of the best restaurants of the area is in a village a few minutes’ drive (less than 2 kms away) Restaurant Al Leone, nearest grocery is 800 metres away, nearest supermarket is 10 minutes' drive, nearest bar is 5 minutes’ drive, and the historic town of Deruta, world-famous for the production of handmade ceramics, with all facilities for food, shopping, art and culture, is just 10 kms away (10 minutes drive).
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPERTY
The villa is situated on 3 levels and has a total floor area of 670 square metres. The manicured garden with large infinity pool is set on two levels at the centre of 8 hectares of private land, with olive grove and a small vineyard.
Due to the elevated setting of the property at over 400 metres above sea level, the refreshing breeze and the thick stone walls, the villa stays cool even in the hottest months – for additional comfort, stand fans have been added in the bedrooms and a Dyson fan in the master bedroom. Mosquito screens protect all the windows. There is high speed Wi-Fi throughout, both inside and outside, including by the pool area.
On the ground floor there is the spacious living area with large, bright rooms connected by stone arches
• elegant entrance hall
• contemporary kitchen with island, stone fireplace and dining area (3 fridges in the villa)
• large living room with fireplace and access to the outdoor dining area
• sitting room with fireplace
• study room
• service bathroom
The sleeping quarters are on the first floor, and comprise 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms (3 en-suite)
• Spacious master bedroom, which has a walk-in wardrobe, en-suite bathroom with large shower. Access to a terrace with tables, chairs and sun umbrella. King size bed (185 x 200 cm). 4 windows.
• Two double bedrooms, each with en-suite bathroom (showers): one double bedroom with canopy bed (bed 185 cm wide); one double bedroom (bed 160 cm wide)
• Double bedroom (bed 150 cm wide), with access to the terrace
• Double bedroom (bed 160 cm wide), with access to the terrace
• Double bedroom (160 cm wide), with access to the terrace
• Large bathroom shared among 3 bedrooms, modern bathtub and separated shower
The basement floor has direct and easy access to the pool and outdoor area.
• not available in 2023: "Kids room": a large bedroom with 2 tailored bunk beds, each one composed of a large bed in the lower level (185 cm wide) and queen size bed in the upper level. The room sleeps up 8
• Large bathroom with shower and changing room serving the pool
• Games/tv roomm(Netflix)/Home theatre
equipped gym with Tv flat screen
• Billiard/ping pong table room
• Storage room
• Laundry with washing machine, tumble dryer and utility sink
GARDEN AND POOL
Very large infinity pool (20 x 6 metres, 1.4 meters deep), Roman steps, lights around pool area.
Pool opening: the pool is open all year round but is not heatable, the climate is normally good for swimming from mid/end of May until mid/end of October and it is not possible to predict it in advance.
The swimming pool is just in front of the villa, in the garden by the pool there are numerous sun-loungers and deckchairs, 2 shade sails, one of them covering the outdoor dining area.
There is a second dining area on a side of the villa, with direct access to the kitchen and living room, here we find a large table seating up to 16, sun umbrella, gas barbecue.
There are modern and comfortable seating/lounging areas all around the house to admire the views, to take advantage of the refreshing breeze or to find shade from the summer sun.
Some of Umbria’s most famous sites are a short drive away – Todi, Perugia, Orvieto, Spoleto, Assisi, Bevagna, Montefalco (the wine area of Umbria), Narni, Marmore Falls, Carsulae Roman Ruins and Lake Trasimeno are all within 15-60 minutes’ drive.
Perugia and its airport are less than half an hour’s drive away while Rome Ciampino airport is 164 km away and Rome Fiumicino is 180 km.
Access to the motorway is 5 km away and provides a fast connection with Rome (around an hour and a half) and Florence (under two hours).
Umbria region has a beautiful green and hilly territory with olive groves and vineyards, dotted with medieval castles and quaint hilltop towns.
Placed in Central Italy between Rome and Florence, Umbria is a region rich in history, culture, art and architecture, with famous cities such as Perugia, Assisi, Orvieto, Gubbio, Spoleto, Todi, Spello, Narni and others.
Lake Trasimeno, the largest Italian lake after that of Lake Como, is located an hour from Tenuta Pulceria.
Umbria delights its visitors with stunning natural beauty and a rich cultural heritage. Local truffles, olive oil, asparagus, funghi porcini, and famous Sangiovese and Sagrantino wines will ensure food lovers will be in for a treat when visiting one of the region’s many excellent restaurants.
The climate is mild with temperatures in winter rarely falling below zero and summer temperatures average around 25 degrees Centigrade.
The region is the scene of major cultural events throughout the year (such as the Festival dei Due Mondi in Spoleto and Umbria Jazz in Perugia) and many other folk events and antiques markets which, especially in summer, enliven Umbria’s towns and cities.
On request, preferably a small well behaved dog. Pet fee, 50 euros/week
WHAT TO DO DURING THE STAY...
ART, GASTRONOMY, TOURS, NATURE, SPORT, CULTURE, RELAX
• Classic city tours in Umbria and Tuscany
• Gourmet tours (to include olive oil, cheese, cereals, cured meats)
• Truffle hunting excursion followed by lunch including truffles
• Antique markets
• International Art and Music festivals
• In-house chef, on request
• Cooking classes or demonstrations in the villa or nearby locations
• Wine tours in the vineyards and cellars
• Activity days (guided or self-guided walks/hikes in the surrounding hills, forests and lakes, cycling, white water river rafting, hiking, free climbing et.)
• Bike tours followed by picnic lunches prepared by a local chef
• Tennis courts (15 minutes’ drive)
• Sports facilities and public pool with water slide (15 minutes’ drive)
• Horseback riding through the country (15 minutes’ drive)
• Spa (10 minutes’ drive)
• Winter fun (snow-rackets, trekking/cross country skiing) in the mountains
• Foraging excursions followed by tastings (mushrooms, asparagus, edible flowers, wild herbs)
• Children’s activities (Pizza making, Truffle hunting with dogs, Riding with donkeys in the mountains followed by picnic, Farm visits, outdoor adventure park and more)
RENTAL RATE - minimum stay 1 week with Saturday changeover day
• Professional property manager • Welcome pack and toiletries • Weekly change of linens and towels • Utilities (except for heating) • internet Wi-Fi
Does NOT include (extra costs are paid locally in cash):
• Final house cleanings and weekly cleanings for reservations of 2 or more consecutive weeks: 450 euros/week
• Heating, if used, will be metered • Extra services (Chef service, extra change of linen and towels)
• COVID-19 VIRUS, treatment
Should the Coronavirus restrictions be in place in Italy during the stay or should a guest be tested positive during the holiday, a treatment against Covid-19 virus would be compulsory at the check out and the extra cost should be paid by the guest, locally in cash. Price to be determined (around 400/500 euros). Note that in 2022 the treatment has never been necessary. The treatment is done by an external company, in addition to the normal cleaning carried out by local cleaning staff, the treatment is done inside and outside the villa, including sofas, blankets, pillows, all surfaces, outdoor dining furniture and the garden.
Events, such as weddings or birthdays with participants (in addition to those that have rented the villa), may be held in the villa and the gardens. Extra accommodation in a nearby B&B/Country house with pool, an event planner and catering services are available on demand (please enquire). For larger events an event fee may be requested that will depend on the number of guests and type of event.
Guestbook | Contacts