Villa: 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms
Guest house: 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom
Private heatable pool
Internet wifi inside and outside
Air conditioning (3 bedrooms)
Peak season (July & August): € 3200
High season (June & Sept): € 3000
Medium (May, Xmas/Easter): € 2500
Low season (rest of the year): € 2400
Villa Casamonti is an 18th century, expertly-restored farmhouse at the highest point of a tiny hillside hamlet. The forest of the Massa Martana mountain range begins literally in its backyard, the setting is serene and beautiful. The front of the vila is surrounded by a flower-filled garden and a private, heated pool. There is a large, outside dining area in a covered portico, a shady courtyard with a fully functional pizza oven (wood and instructions provided), as well as a backyard area with with olive trees and additional seating to enjoy the morning sun, or the cooler forest air during the midday heat.
The large second-floor terrazzo presents a beautiful vista of sunsets over the valley towards Todi. Guests can start hiking right at the house, or reach reach marked trails via short drives (around 10 minutes).
Throughout, attention to modern/mid-century furniture and original artwork enhances the natural beauty of the original masonry with its raw stone walls and chestnut beams.
The nearest cafe is a short morning walk away in the small village of Calpetrazzo; super markets and restaurants are just minutes away in the idyllic towns of Massa Martana or Aquasparta. Todi, one of Italy’s most beautiful towns, with its wealth of excellent restaurants and historic sights can be reached within 15 minutes. The villa is also centrally situated between essentially all of Umbria’s most beautiful attractions: Perugia, Assisi, Orvieto, Bevagna, Montifalco, and Spoleto are all about 40 minutes away; the famous Cascata della Marmore near Terni can be reached in about 25 minutes.
With its great separation of space, the property is ideal for large families, or multi-family groups: 4 bedrooms (total of 10 beds including a bed in a mezzanine) and 5 bathrooms are spread across two floors and a bedroom/bathrooms annex. 3 bedrooms are air-conditioned.
There is a full kitchen on the top floor and a coffee kitchen on the first floor.
Each floor has comfortable seating and dining areas with unobtrusively integrated Smart TVs. The top floor contains a cozy reading nook, the bottom floor a music space with a piano and a guitar.
Excellent WIFI (Starlink) is provided throughout the building, including large parts of the outdoor area.
Private chef availlable on request, please ask.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPERTY
– large, open living room/dining area overlooking the garden and the dining area in the covered portico
– a music space
– coffee kitchen with stove, full refrigerator, dish washer, washing machine, coffee maker (percorlator)
– Bedroom with a queen-size bed (200 x 160). No air conditioning because this room is built into the hill and naturally cool in Summer.
– two full bathrooms
– combined dining/seating area that is connected to a large patio area above the bottom floor portico
– reading nook
– full kitchen with stove, full refrigerator, dish washer, and coffee maker (percolator), and toaster, kitchen opens up to backyard
– air-conditioned bedroom with a king-size bed (200 x 180)
– air-conditioned bedroom with two queen-size beds (200 x 160 each), one of them on a semi-private loft area
– two full bathrooms
Annex next to the main building, facing the garden and swimming pool:
– bedroom with Queen-size bed (200 x 160). Air conditioned
– full bathroom
– Front yard with pool
– Above-ground, heatable pool, wooden and terracotta tiles border. Measures: 6x4 metres, 1,30 metres deep
_ Flower garden and shaded lounging areas
– Ground floor portico with large dining table
– 1st floor terrazzo with lounge chairs
– Courtyard with pizza oven and separate dining area
– Backyard area, partially under olive trees, separate coffee table
– Fenced-in, hillside forest area
– Il Gattopardo (3 km): Simple pizzeria and restaurant with nice outside area, a local’s favorite
– Bar Centrale in Massa Martana (5 km): Coffee place and bar on the market place of Massa Martana
– Closest stores in Massa Martana (4.5 km): Superconto Massa Martana (nearest super market), Il Fornario di salustri Fabrizio (a great little bakery for focaccia), and Pucci Marco (an excellent marcelleria for local meats and sausages)
– More restaurants and shopping in Aqua Sparta (10 km). A particularly nice restaurant with wonderful outside seating is Vigna del Borgo. One of the best shops for fresh fruit and vegetables is MondaFrutta.
– Favorite restaurants in Todi: Vineria San Fortunato (trendy, but very good food), Osteria Valle (Roman influences), La Cantina Del Mercataccio (best outdoor seating and view). The EMI in Todi is also the largest supermarket in the area with a great selection of fresh fish and local fare.
RENTAL RATE -Reductions for long stays. Minimum stay 1 week with Saturday changeover day, preferably.
• Professional property manager • Welcome pack and toiletries • Weekly sets of linens and towels • Final house cleanings • Utilities (except for heating and electricity) • internet Wi-Fi
Does not include - not included costs are payable locally in cash
• Air conditioning 150 euros/week • Heating of the house is metered • Heating of the pool: 100 euros/week, available just on request done in advance, and just in the months of May, September and October • final cleanings 200 euros/week, it includes cleanings once per week for reservations of 2, 3 or more consecutive weeks.
• Wi-Fi coverage inside and outside the villa
• Baby equipment: 1 baby cot bed + 1 highchair, on request
• Smart TVs
• Pizza oven
• Air conditioning in 3 bedrooms
• Mosquito screens and shutters on all bedroom windows
• Washing machine
• Ironing board & iron
On request, preferably a small well behaved dog. Pet fee, 50 euros
The villa is not suitable for wheelchair users, due to the steps inside and outside
Umbria has a beautiful green and hilly territory with olive groves and vineyards, dotted with medieval castles and quaint hilltop towns.
Placed in Central Italy between Rome and Florence, Umbria is a region rich in history, culture, art and architecture, with famous cities such as Perugia, Assisi, Orvieto, Gubbio, Spoleto, Todi, Spello, Narni and others.
Lake Trasimeno, the largest Italian lake after that of Lake Como, is located an hour drive from the villa.
Umbria delights its visitors with stunning natural beauty and a rich cultural heritage. Local truffles, olive oil, asparagus, funghi porcini, and famous Sangiovese and Sagrantino wines will ensure food lovers will be in for a treat when visiting one of the region’s many excellent restaurants.
The climate is mild with temperatures in winter rarely falling below zero and summer temperatures average around 25 degrees Centigrade.
The region is the scene of major cultural events throughout the year (such as the Festival dei Due Mondi in Spoleto and Umbria Jazz in Perugia) and many other folk events and antiques markets which, especially in summer, enliven Umbria’s towns and cities.
WHAT TO DO DURING THE STAY...
ART, GASTRONOMY, TOURS, NATURE, SPORT, CULTURE, RELAX
• Classic city tours in Umbria and Tuscany
• Antique markets in all the major towns
• International Art and Music festivals
• In-house chef, on request
• Wine tours in the vineyards and cellars
• Activity days (guided or self-guided walks/hikes in the surrounding hills, forests and lakes, cycling, white water river rafting, hiking, free climbing et.)
• Bike tours followed by picnic lunches prepared by a local chef
• Tennis courts (15 minutes’ drive)
• Sports facilities and public pool with water slide (15 minutes’ drive)
• Horseback riding through the country (15 minutes’ drive)
• Spa and health resorts (15 to 30 minutes’ drive)
• Winter fun (snow-shoe trekking/cross country skiing) in the mountains
• Cooking classes or demonstrations in the villa or nearby locations
• Gourmet tours (to include olive oil, cheese, cereals, cured meats)
• Truffle hunting excursion followed by lunch including truffles
• Foraging excursions followed by tastings (mushrooms, asparagus, edible flowers, wild herbs)
• Children’s activities (Pizza making, Truffle hunting with dogs, Riding with donkeys in the mountains followed by picnic, Farm visits, outdoor adventure park and more)
Guestbook | Contacts