Total bedrooms: 6
Total bathrooms: 7
Private pool. WI-FI. Outside shaded dining area. Barbecue
Peak season: Euro 4000
High season: Euro 3500
Mid-season: Euro 3000
Low season: Euro 2500
Villa Missiano It dates back to 1895 and has been the summer residence of a famous local countess for several decades. Today, after careful restoration, our villa opens its doors to those travellers who want to enjoy a unique experience, while staying at an elegant countryside manor located between the charming hills of Umbria and Tuscany.
4 kms away from the characteristic town of Panicale with shosp and restaurants; this is one of the most beautiful Umbrian areas, short drive from Perugia, Tuscany region boarders and Trasimeno lake. The property has total privacy but is well connected, offering day trips to Assisi, Spoleto, Orvieto, Todi, Gubbio, Spello, Montefalco and its wine district and to Tuscany cities.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPERTY
The villa is arranged over three floors (basement, ground floor and first floor) and boasts six spacious and tastefully furnished suites. Each suite might be an independent unit with one double (or twin) bedroom, prvate bathroom, living area sofa (doble sofa bed, on request), dining table and kitchenette.
If preferable, guests can use the spacious shared room on the basement floor, here there is a small but fully fitted open kitchen, a long dining table that can comfortably accommodate a large group of people, the shared room provides a direct access to the outside dinign area and pool.
Traditional wood beam ceilings, terracotta flooring, together with marble finishes and period furniture make the Suites cosy and elegant at the same time. The large windows ensure plenty of natural light and stunning romantic views over the surrounding countryside, where the estate stretches over five hectares of woods, olive groves, and cereal crops. The small medieval village of Panicale, that stands out with its tower, perched up on a hill, can also be seen from the garden or from the poolside.
The estate spreads over about five hectares of hilly grounds. Olive groves surround the property, up to the edge of our 2,000 square meter garden adjacent to the villa. The luxuriant garden is landscaped with large lawn areas, as well as delightful spots and flowers hidden amongst cypresses, oaks, plane trees, and laurel bushes. From the garden our guests can enjoy awesome views of the nearby villages.
Located within the garden, our swimming pool, too, boasts superb views of the surrounding hills. It is rectangular in shape and measures 8 x 13m, with a depth ranging from 1.20m to 2.50m. It is equipped with its own lighting system, an ancient-Rome-style staircase and whirlpool jets. The surrounding sunbathing area is paved with terracotta tiles and furnished with sunbeds, deckchairs and sun umbrellas. The pool is available to our guests from the last Saturday of April to the first Saturday of October.
• Baby equipment
• Outside cooking and dining: Barbecue, shaded dining table
• the villa has 7 kitchens, one in each suite and an open shared kitchen on the ground floor
• Washing machine
• Ironing board & professional steam iron
• Pets accepted, on request at an extra cost. Please enquiry
Umbria has a beautiful green and hilly territory with olive groves and vineyards, dotted with medieval castles and quaint hilltop towns.
Placed in Central Italy between Rome and Florence, Umbria is a region rich in history, culture, art and architecture, with famous cities such as Perugia, Assisi, Orvieto, Gubbio, Spoleto, Todi, Spello, Narni and others.
Lake Trasimeno, the largest Italian lake after that of Lake Como, is located an hour from Tenuta Pulceria.
Umbria delights its visitors with stunning natural beauty and a rich cultural heritage. Local truffles, olive oil, asparagus, funghi porcini, and famous Sangiovese and Sagrantino wines will ensure food lovers will be in for a treat when visiting one of the region’s many excellent restaurants.
The climate is mild with temperatures in winter rarely falling below zero and summer temperatures average around 25 degrees Centigrade.
The region is the scene of major cultural events throughout the year (such as the Festival dei Due Mondi in Spoleto and Umbria Jazz in Perugia) and many other folk events and antiques markets which, especially in summer, enliven Umbria’s towns and cities.
WHAT TO DO DURING THE STAY...
ART, GASTRONOMY, TOURS, NATURE, SPORT, CULTURE, RELAX
• Classic city tours in Umbria and Tuscany
• Antique markets in all the major towns (different Sundays in the month)
• International Art and Music festivals
• In-house chef, on request
• Wine tours in the vineyards and cellars
• Activity days (guided or self-guided walks/hikes in the surrounding hills, forests and lakes, cycling, white water river rafting, hiking, free climbing et.)
• Bike tours followed by picnic lunches prepared by a local chef
• Tennis courts (15 minutes’ drive)
• Sports facilities and public pool with water slide (15 minutes’ drive)
• Horseback riding through the country (15 minutes’ drive)
• Spa and health resorts (10 minutes’ drive)
• Winter fun (snow-shoe trekking/cross country skiing) in the mountains
• Cooking classes or demonstrations in the villa or nearby locations
• Gourmet tours (to include olive oil, cheese, cereals, cured meats)
• Truffle hunting excursion followed by lunch including truffles
• Foraging excursions followed by tastings (mushrooms, asparagus, edible flowers, wild herbs)
• Children’s activities (Pizza making, Truffle hunting with dogs, Riding with donkeys in the mountains followed by picnic, Farm visits, outdoor adventure park and more)
RENTAL RATE - minimum stay 1 week with Saturday changeover day
• Meeting on arrival and departure • Welcome pack and toiletries • Linen and towels changed once per week with light cleanings • Utilities (except for heating) • internet Wi-Fi • Final house cleaning
Does not include:
• Heating, if used, will be metered and paid locally • Extra services (Chef service, extra change of linen and towels, extra cleaning)
Events, such as weddings or birthdays with participants (in addition to those that have rented the villa), may be held in the villa and the garden. Extra accommodation in a nearby B&B/Country house with pool, an event planner and catering services are available on demand (please enquire). For larger events an event fee may be requested that will depend on the number of guests and type of event.
Guestbook | Contacts