Sleeps up 13+3
Bedrooms: 8 (6 doubles, 2 single, sofa bed) Living room, corner bar.
Winter garden with fireplace and air conditioning
WI-FI, barbecue, ping pong table, outdoor kitchen.
Large pool and tennis court
Weekly rates sleep 8 to 13+3
Peak season: Euro 4000 to 6000 High season: Euro 3500 to 5500
Mid-season: Euro 2500 to 4500 Low season: Euro 2000 to 3500
Set in private commanding location with undisturbed views over the Umbrian hills, Villa Rosella
offers an enviable level of luxury that leaves nothing to chance. With equal emphasis on style and comfort, the interior and outdoor décors are warmed with Mediterranean touches and infused with summer colours, rich reds, yellows and oranges in contrast with the blues and whites of the ceramic accessories.
The "Winter garden", a cosy living area with sofas, fireplace and dining table (air conditioned) has a more contemporary style, softened with natural shades of white and soft beiges, creating a warm and comfortable atmosphere and offering marvellous views of the garden.
The villa consists of a main building on 2 floors and the independent apartment within the same house. It can be rented entirely, up to 16 people, or up to 11 people, including the ground floor of the villa, the sleeping area of the ground floor and 2 bedrooms upstairs, the large living room on firts floor, the winter garden and the guest house.
The villa is 2 kms to a village with a bar, easy drive to good restaurants as well as shops, supermarkets, historic towns, places of interest.
The famous historic town of Todi, with all facilities for food, shopping, art and culture, is just 5 kms away.
Some of Umbria’s most famous sites are a short drive away – Perugia, Orvieto, Spoleto, Assisi, Bevagna, Montefalco (the wine area of Umbria), Narni, Marmore Falls, Carsulae Roman Ruins and Lake Trasimeno are all within 15-60 minutes’ drive. Further afield, Rome is 1 hour 30 minutes, Siena and Florence around 2 hours by car.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPERTY
Sleeping area on ground floor (naturally cold in Summer):
The first floor has its independent access from the garden and it is also connected to the ground floor through a beautifully decorated staircase and a food elevator (to bring food from the ground floor to the kitchen or the upper part of the garden where there is the outdoor dining table), as well as a spiral staircase next to the kitchen.
The first floor opens directly to the outdoor dining area and the pool area.
Sleeping area of the first floor:
Independent apartment within the building of the villa
Access from the garden, totally air conditioned, windows all around overlooking the garden
GARDEN AND POOL
private pool (12 x 7 metres, 1.5 meters deep, Roman steps, local stone paved surround, lights around pool area). Pool opening: the pool is regularly opened from mid May to end of September, in the rest of the year can be opened on request, at an extra cost, depending on the period of the year. Please enquiry.
The pool area has some sun-loungers, a garden swing and a large umbrella. Near the shaded area with a portico by the pool, finds place a useful kitchen with large refrigerator (for your aperitivo!) and a bathroom with 2 large showers.
Outside dining area: there is a metal table with chairs by the pool and a charming ceramic table built around the trunk of an amazing mulberry tree, that gives shade and smelling fruits, by the entrance to the large living room of the first floor.
The garden is completed by a tennis court on the upper part of the garden, the tennis court has night lighting and artificial grass, to play tennis the whole year round.
Foosball table and ping pong table are available in the garden area.
Airports – Perugia (60mins by car), Rome Fiumicino and Rome Ciampino (1hr 30mins), Florence (2hr) Pisa and Bologna (3hr)
Train – Orvieto and Orte (45mins), Narni-Amelia (30mins)
On request, dogs are welcome. In the garden, if needed, there is a fenced area with dog's kennel
Umbria has a beautiful green and hilly territory with olive groves and vineyards, dotted with medieval castles and quaint hilltop towns.
Placed in Central Italy between Rome and Florence, Umbria is a region rich in history, culture, art and architecture, with famous cities such as Perugia, Assisi, Orvieto, Gubbio, Spoleto, Todi, Spello, Narni and others.
Lake Trasimeno, the largest Italian lake after that of Lake Como, is located an hour from Villa Rosella.
Umbria delights its visitors with stunning natural beauty and a rich cultural heritage. Local truffles, olive oil, asparagus, funghi porcini, and famous Sangiovese and Sagrantino wines will ensure food lovers will be in for a treat when visiting one of the region’s many excellent restaurants.
The climate is mild with temperatures in winter rarely falling below zero and summer temperatures average around 25 degrees Centigrade.
The region is the scene of major cultural events throughout the year (such as the Festival dei Due Mondi in Spoleto and Umbria Jazz in Perugia) and many other folk events and antiques markets which, especially in summer, enliven Umbria’s towns and cities.
WHAT TO DO DURING THE STAY
ART, GASTRONOMY, TOURS, NATURE, SPORT, CULTURE, RELAX
• Classic city tours in Umbria and Tuscany
• Antique markets in all the major towns
• International Art and Music festivals
• In-house chef, on request
• Wine tours in the vineyards and cellars
• Activity days (guided or self-guided walks/hikes in the surrounding hills, forests and lakes, cycling, white water river rafting, hiking, free climbing et.)
• Bike tours followed by picnic lunches prepared by a local chef
• Sports facilities
• Horseback riding through the country
• Spa and health resorts
• Winter fun (snow-shoe trekking/cross country skiing) in the mountains
• Cooking classes or demonstrations in the villa or nearby locations
• Gourmet tours (to include olive oil, cheese, cereals, cured meats)
• Truffle hunting excursion followed by lunch including truffles
• Foraging excursions followed by tastings (mushrooms, asparagus, edible flowers, wild herbs)
• Children’s activities (Pizza making, Truffle hunting with dogs, Riding with donkeys in the mountains followed by picnic, Farm visits, outdoor adventure park and more)
RENTAL RATE - minimum stay 1 week with Saturday changeover day
• Professional property manager • Welcome pack and toiletries • Weekly sets of linens and towels • Final house cleanings • Utilities (except for heating) • internet Wi-Fi • Air-conditioning
Does NOT include:
• during the duration of the Coronavirus pandemic, there is an extra cost for a special TREATMENT AGAINST COVID-19 VIRUS, the cost is 400 euros/reservation + vat (22%), for a total of 488 euros, payabale locally by the guests. The treatment is done at each changeover by an external company, in addition to the normal cleanings done by the local cleanings staff, inside and outside the villa, including sofas, blankets, pillows, all surfaces, outdoor dining furniture and the garden area. receipt can be provided, on request. Please enquire about Coronavirus treatment, for more detailed info about the company and the product.
• Heating, if used, will be metered and paid locally • Extra services (Chef service, extra change of linen and towels)
Events, such as weddings or birthdays with participants (in addition to those that have rented the villa), may be held in the villa and the gardens. Extra accommodation in a nearby B&B/Country house with pool, an event planner and catering services are available on demand (please enquiry). For larger events an event fee may be requested that will depend on the number of guests and type of event.
Guestbook | Contacts